How We Can help
The Bowen Technique is a form of bodywork that uses a series of gentle rolling-type movements to the body promoting healing, health, and well-being.
The technique uses gentle pressure without manipulation or force and is felt as bodily vibrations and deep relaxation throughout the body.
Some of the conditions that respond favourably to Bowen work are:
- Back pain and sciatica, back pain in pregnancy
- Neck and shoulder problems, including ‘frozen shoulder’
- Kidney, urinal problems, incontinence, bedwetting in children
- Coccyx injuries
- Digestive and bowel problems, IBS, constipation
- Earache and TMJ problems
- Migraines and other types of headaches
- Sinus problems
- Facial paralysis, Bell’s palsy
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Any breast area discomfort, lactation problems, mastitis, fibrocystic breast
As Well As:
- Gynaecological problems, Menstrual and hormonal irregularities, menopause symptoms, fibroids, ovarian or uterine problems, infertility
- Male reproductive problems
- Chest pain of unknown origin
- Groin pain, pelvic tilt and uneven leg length
- Any knee, ankle or foot problems, bunions, hammer toes, plantar fasciitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Respiratory problems and hay fever
- Liver, pancreatic or gallbladder problems
- RSI, carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow, hand and wrist problems
- Sports and other traumatic injuries
- Stress, shock
- plus much more
Once you have decided to have Bowen, your therapist will contact you to discuss what you want to achieve from your sessions. You will be asked what you are seeking Bowen Therapy for and explore your goals. The therapist will also take this time to sign their paperwork with you, explaining their contract and policies.
During your initial appointment, the therapist will explain what Bowen Technique is and how it works, taking time to answer any questions you may have.
The Bowen Technique uses gentle pressure and rolling-type movements without manipulation or force and is felt as bodily vibrations and deep relaxation throughout the body.
After each Bowen movement, the therapist will pause for two or more minutes, leaving the room so the client is alone. These moments of quiet and deep relaxation encourage the nervous system to activate the body’s natural healing process.
The technique can treat many body ailments as the movements activate the body’s ability to heal itself.
The Bowen Technique can be beneficial in a wide range of situations. It can assist recovery from many conditions, from traumatic injury to chronic illness, depending upon each individual’s capacity to heal. Many clients report that the Bowen Technique is “THE most relaxing modality they have ever experienced”.
The amount of sessions needed varies for different people, some only need two sessions, whereas others use Bowen Therapy over some time.
If subsequent sessions are needed, these sessions will be used to reflect and then conduct further Bowen techniques.