Suzannah Sallaby is a student counsellor at the Cherry Tree Therapy Centre in Buckhurst Hill.
I offer clients the opportunity to express their emotions and feelings, without judgement, in a safe and encouraging atmosphere. I work with clients who may be going through challenging situations either from their past which at times can be very painful or any present concerns. I seek to help clients in dealing with life’s challenges, which at times can be difficult to process alone. Each client is unique, and I believe that by cultivating empathy, non-judgement, and openness, I can help clients address the problems that prevent them from accomplishing their full potential. I am an integrative student counsellor which means I am able to work therapeutically by adapting my counselling style to the uniqueness of each individual client.
My training allows me to work using three different counselling styles, working from a Person-Centred approach, I will listen and encourage clients to explore their deepest thoughts and feelings, in a non – directive way allowing clients the autonomy to choose what to bring into the session. Psychodynamics seeks to explore childhood and attachments, and in doing so how those past relations impact the present situations. CBT identifies negative patterns of thinking and behaviour and explores ways to adapt and change the meaning we attach to various situations.
- Level 2 NCFE Award Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Diploma Level 3 NCFE Award in counselling skills and theory
- B.A. (Hons) in Integrative Counselling (Completion due June 2024)
- Student membership of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy).
- Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Services) Certificate.
- Personal Liability Insurance.