Serife Dent is a final year trainee at the Redbridge Institute and due to fully qualify this summer. She has been trained using the Person-Centred approach but has also gained knowledge of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Gestalt techniques.
Many people live their lives hampered by baggage from their earlier life and can lose sight of who they really are or what they truly need to be happy. Serife helps guide her clients by navigating the complex feelings they bring with them into sessions, helping them understand more about how they feel and reflect their insights back onto them. Through reflecting in this way, the client gains a better understanding of what they want and therefore helps restore their genuine self.
“By helping my clients reach a sense of empowerment, this gives them the confidence to become better decision makers, making choices based on what they really need or what makes them happy. I view each of my clients like a “clear canvas” and without judgement or fixed expectations.”
To date, she has worked with clients aged 17 – 78 and issue around anxiety, self-esteem, self-worth, bereavement, and trauma.
- Level 2 in Counselling Skills
- Level 3 in Counselling Skills
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (October 2022)
- Due to begin a Level 3 in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to complete – knowledge already gained
- Student member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)