Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist
Jo Read is an Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist based at Cherry Tree Therapy Centre in Buckhurst Hill. She is a registered and qualified member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and completed her PGDip (Dist) in Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of East London. She is also currently completing post-qualifying CPD training with the Institute of Embodied Psychotherapy.
Jo welcomes working with adults on a long or short-term basis for in-person or online sessions, who may be struggling with different aspects of life. She hopes to offer a space for collaborative working where people can feel truly heard and understood, to work towards whichever goal(s) they might bring to therapy.
Aside from her work as a therapist, Jo also works as a Senior Lecturer on a dance degree course, with a background as a professional dancer. This knowledge and experience informs and influences her work with clients. There is so much that can be stored, stuck and/or communicated through the body and movement, and this can often be helpful to explore in talking therapy.
- PGDip in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Distinction)
- Certificate in Integrative Embodied Psychotherapy (in progress)
- Level 5 Coaching and Mentoring Award (CMI)
- PhD Dance Studies
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- MA (Dist) Dance Cultures, Histories & Practices
- BA (Hons) Dance and Culture with Professional Training (1st Class)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) (Registered and Qualified Member)