Children & Adolescents Counsellor / Play Therapy
Nina Laryea-Shepherd is a qualified Counsellor at Cherry Tree Therapy Centre in Buckhurst Hill. Specialised training in working with children and adolescents.
She has had substantial experience of working with young people from all backgrounds, ranging from 6 up to 18 years old. Nina’s sessions are often child/teen led with sessions adapted to suit, for example play therapy/ creative exploration for younger children and teens.
Nina has worked with a range of specialised issues, such as:
- Coping Skills
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Peer Relationships
- Racial Identity
- School Issues
- Self Esteem
- Teen Violence
- Trauma and PTSD
“Worrying about your child or adolescents can be hugely stressful, often impacting on your own wellbeing. At times it is helpful to have a person that is neutral to the family, who can offer a place for the young person to identify and work on issues that are causing concerns. I offer a safe and non-judgemental space to allow the client to speak freely and in confidence”.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Children in Schools (UEL)
- Foundation course in Counselling and Psychotherapy (The Minster Centre)
- Honours in Psychology at the University of Westminster
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy / Registered Member (BACP)