Counsellor / Coach
Maryane Mwaniki is a fully qualified Counsellor (MBACP) and Coach at Cherry Tree Therapy Centre in Buckhurst Hill.
“I support each client to develop a healthy relationship with themselves and with other people. I appreciate that everyone has their own unique story and therefore my approach is tailored and bespoke to each client”.
Maryane understands that seeking counselling can sometimes feel overwhelming, especially if it is for the first time. She is known for being warm, supportive, and non-judgemental. Time spent in sessions with Maryane will support you to discover your voice, build self-awareness and confidence. Together with Maryane, you will be able to collaboratively explore your past, present and desired future.
Maryane is trained as a Personal Consultant which means she is able to integrate both counselling and coaching to support you to explore challenges you’re facing (anxiety, depression, bereavement, low self-esteem, stress at work, relationship issues, racial trauma etc.) and to develop appropriate tools and techniques to create positive change and a plan for moving forward.
As an experienced Coach (life, career, and executive coach) Maryane can work with you to identify your strengths, boost your confidence and motivation to apply your unique strengths in different life situations and relationships.
Maryane specialises in supporting women through pregnancy loss which includes miscarriages and abortions. Maryane will provide a safe space for you to share your story and navigate through your loss. Additionally, Maryane is able to work with couples to support healthy conflict resolution and communication. Her sessions with couples involved practical exercises to enhance communication and build connection.
Maryane can support you through a variety of areas including:
- Pregnancy loss
- Career counselling & support
- Work & family conflict issues
- Life transitions
- Bereavement, grief and loss
- Racial identity
- Low self-esteem & self confidence
- Cultural Issues of Identity and Belonging
- Postgraduate Diploma Integrative Counselling & Coaching, University of East London
- MSc Human Resources & Organisations (Distinction), London School of Economics and Political Science
- BA (Hons) English with Film, King’s College London
- Certified Couple Relationship Facilitator and Trainer, Prepare-Enrich
- Strengthscope® and StrengthscopeLeader™ Accredited Practitioner